During winter, our lips often suffer from dryness, making them a prominent indicator of the harsh weather conditions. While we tend to stock up on lip balms, we often overlook the importance of regular lip care.
Just like our skin, our lips are exposed to cold, windy winters and intense sun rays in the summer. They lack natural oil glands and hair for protection, making them more prone to dryness and discoloration. Additionally, the delicate nature of lip skin makes them susceptible to cracking and irritation.
To care for your lips, consider the following tips:
- Avoid biting or licking your lips, as it exacerbates dryness and irritation.
- Apply sunscreen to your lips to protect them from sun damage.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water to maintain overall moisture levels.
- Choose lip balms with nourishing ingredients like coconut oil and shea butter to create a protective barrier and retain moisture.
- Keep a moisturizing lip balm, such as Lip Treat, handy to soothe chapped lips. Look for ingredients like jojoba, sea buckthorn, squalene, apricot kernel, vitamin E, and pomegranate seed oil for effective hydration.
Remember, consistent lip care is essential throughout the year to maintain their health and prevent dryness and cracking.